Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Museum of Bad Art -- Not So Bad?

In a recent Tweet (@MohnerCyclist), I mentioned the Museum of Bad Art in Dedham, MA, located hilariously and appropriately in the basement, outside of the men's bathroom of the Dedham Community Theater. I proposed this painting of Madonna and Guy Ritchie by Peter Howson should be in it. It is being auctioned off for about 25,000 pounds.


And I firmly believe that. It's just god-awful. I mean, look at it.

However, some of the paintings at MoBA I think are in the category of fairly decent "outsider" art. See if you agree.



Post Apocalypse
Acrylic on canvas by Unknown
22" x 28"
Acquired from trash



The Horror, The Glory
Acrylic on canvas by Tom McKinley, 1952
22" x 26"
Donated by the artist




Swamette's Secret
Acrylic on canvas by Unknown
30"x20"
Acquired by Patricia Deardorff and Leigh Weesner from a San Diego thrift store




Vortex
Acrylic on canvas by Unknown
Acquired by Scott Wilson from trash



Anyways, there's a lot more at MoBA

No comments:

Post a Comment